Sunday, October 5, 2008

World's Oldest Footprints

Man I wish I could have gone to the Geological Society of America meeting going on right now. A huge meeting with lots of great stuff, such as this talk reported by LiveScience.com given today reporting on the oldest known footprints. Soo-Yeun Ahn, a graduate student at Ohio State University presented a poster about a 570 million year old track site discovered in Nevada by his advisor, Dr. Loren Babcock in 2000. the track is apparently a centipede-like creature. Oh well, I am sure that the Society of Vertebrate aleontology will have tons of cool stuff (actually, I know it will, but I am not allowed to say anything about it until it is presented at the meeting because of the news embargo to allow the presenters to be the first to present their cool stuff to the world).

No comments: