Thursday, September 18, 2008

Superstruct: Play for the Future

Ok, I know, I'm behind. Hopefully, I'll catch up:) But I ran across a game that everyone should play. It is a six-week experiment beginning September 22 called Superstruct, billed as the first massively multiplayer forecasting game. The game is based around major disasters that strike in 2019. While the game goal is to figure out how to survive and keep some form of civilization going, the idea behind the game is to use everyone's intellect in a massive simulation to inspire ideas on potential problems facing our planet so we can better prepare ourselves for handling crises. There is even a subset of the game that is specialized for museum workers. I think it's a great idea and I encourage everyone to play. The more people that play, the more information we get on how to survive major threats to our world.
The game is being run by The Institute for the Future (IFTF) and the Center for the Future of Museums (an initiative of the American Association of Museums). To play or just to find out more about it, go to
http://www.iftf.org/node/2098. Do it! Do it now!

No comments: